Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: If an actor was seriously injured during a take, w

  1. #1
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    I hate to admit it, but I would.

    I wouldn't do it if they didn't want me to, but damn, if it looked real, and it fit into the context of the scene, I would beg and grovel for them to let me use it.

    Do you think it's over the line?

    (I did have a crew member burn all the hair off one arm doing an effect in Lost Tribes, but unfortunately, it was off camera! I hate it when that happens!)

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  2. #2
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    do you have any insurance on set to insure your actors against harm?
    You should really, and if you do, and have a first aider around, then you are doing all you can to protect them. Then I cant see why you cant just ask them if you can use the footage. If they say yes then OK!
    If they say no, then remind them that in that case everyone looses out.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Mikko
    Guest Mikko's Avatar

    Post

    I would definitely use the footage. If not in the actual film, then in "making of" dokument.

    M

    ------------------

  4. #4
    crimsonson
    Guest crimsonson's Avatar

    Post

    I think it was Police Story, but when Jackie Chan jumped from a bannister in mall 4 or 5 levels up he broke several bones and it was used. In fact, many of his stunts he gets hurt and they use it. (one stunt actually caused a skull fructure - he has a metal plate in his head).

    WOuld I use it? Possibly. All depends on the context.

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by crimsonson (edited January 17, 2002).]

  5. #5
    kittyunicorn
    Guest kittyunicorn's Avatar

    Post

    No! Have you seen "Shadow of the Vampire"? There is such a thing as taking your craft too far.

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Jon P
    Guest Jon P's Avatar
    Yep especially if it was laugh out loud material! Either that or get ?200 quid from you've been framed.

    "I didn't say actors were cattle... I said they should be treated like cattle"

    A. Hitchcock.

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Nigel
    Guest Nigel's Avatar

    Post

    That is why releases and insurance are so great. I would use it--I don't even really think I would care if the actor didn't want me to either. That is part of the risks they took signing on. That is how they make their money. Good Luck

    ------------------

  8. #8
    Konton
    Guest Konton's Avatar

    Post

    ummm . . . well why wouldn't an actor want you to use the footage. I mean maybe they paid dearly (via injury) to get a great shot. Why wouldn't they want to see it used?

    To me it would suck if I was an actor and risked life and limb for a shot that now was never going to be used because I was hurt. It's not like I was killed on screen.

    Anyway how serious is a serious injury? I'd want to keep a shot where I may have broken a rib. But a hand or arm being ripped from my body for real would not be cool to show.

    ------------------
    Konton the Grey

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •